Friday 26 March 2010

You Fail At Manual

stall 01

Last year when I went for my Ps test, I was given no choice but to take it in a car with an automatic transmission, as our household has always owned cars without a stick shift (oh how American of me).

stall 02

So naturally, when I went I to buy a car it had to be a manual - I'm that kind of guy. Even more naturally, when the moment called for me to move my "new" manual car out of the driveway and into the garage, I couldn't. I count about 3 stalls from my three point turn.

stall 03

My incompetence to grasp the skill of a manual transmission struck hard in my heart, so much so, that I had to dream about it. Then again, it was a dream, and dreams more often then not, are full of lies and false hope. So in my dream, I was driving around my neighbourhood effortlessly in my "new" old car, and me being me, I couldn't help but hoon a little. As I made a turn, the car choose to spin out of control...and kept spinning, around and around and around and around and around and around...

Then I woke up and I realised, in reality, I still suck.

1 comment:

Feng said...

Your new car peeking out from under the garage door is cute! Should have put something on the number plate though... it's too plain. A moustache graphic would have been awesome!

I really like the colours in the two macro shots! The 2 photos really complement each other since they are also composed the same way. I'd have lots of fun flicking back and forth between them!

You had a nice optimistic dream... now aim to achieve the same effortless experience in real life!