Tuesday 10 January 2012

Day 2: Ghibli Museum

We're skipping Day 1, nothing happened. Well events took place, so I'll just sum it up. I landed, carried my luggage through the rain to my hostel and grabbed some om noms with Mister Ho, before introducing myself to the bed I would sleeping with for the week.




Now, I should point out, though I flew over alone and booked my tickets with the truth that I would be exploring Japan alone, I in fact have a companion for the Tokyo leg of my adventure. Mister Ho. He's already been in Tokyo for a week before I showed up.

Before leaving, the two of us organised some tickets to the radical Ghibli Museum, and me being extremely enthusiastic about venturing through Tokyo, wisely decided that we would bike our way there. Japan's actually not all that big, so it shouldn't take too long. Two or three hours. Short or long?



No regrets. You can see a lot of an alien city in that time, it doesn't matter how many times you get lost along the way to your destination. Be a sponge and soak it up.



Unfortunately, no photos of the museum's interior, it's prohibited I'm afraid. Fear not, I remember what it looked like.



Another disappointment was that there wasn't all that much on display relating to Princess Mononoke, the first Ghibli animation saw and fell for. However, there was a lot (like a lot) of Totoro stuff, so that was good. Happily disappointed.

No comments: