Saturday 10 March 2012

Day 10: Be Right Back, Osaka.




Waking up in my tiny room, I fumbled around for my toiletries to go wash up and ready myself for a day on the streets. Before crashing the night before, highway bus tickets were booked back to Tokyo for tonight, and seeing that our check-out was way before lunch, we had quite a lot of time to fill before our departure from radical Osaka. Kindly enough, our hostel let us have them hold onto our baggage until later in the day.

Seeing as we barely caught our last highway bus, after much difficulty in finding the depot, it was decided we go check out the location earlier today - Universal City.  It says in front of the jumbo TV. Is this really it? Seeing as we were already in front of Universal Studios, it wouldn't hurt to see how much tickets were. Affordable? Not really, no. Well we still had half a day to kill, just not a whole lot of cash, we might as well check out Osaka Castle then loop around back to our hostel to pick up our luggage before training back to Universal City.



Rain. Again. It's handy that you can walk into any conbini in Japan and pick up an umbrella for a mere few hundred yen (I'll forget this umbrella back at my hostel in a few days from now), though it would be nice not to have a reason to buy one.

There must have been a concert being held close by. Just walking around we see a lot of old school rockers, some wrapped in towels of a man I can be forgiven for not knowing. It was cool, nonetheless, to seeing older folk still supportin' their rocker idol. As for Osaka castle, I forgot that it is a replica, so I don't care much for it. Still a pretty sight in the early sunset.

Our last few hours in Osaka, before jumping on our bus back to Tokyo, were spent stuffing our face at a Western food buffet. It was nice to finally feel properly full again, and on what was surprisingly good food for a buffet.

I would eventually come back to Osaka, so I had time for any regrets later, I just hope that Mister Ho was content with our brief visit...

No comments: