Saturday 10 March 2012

Day 11: Back In Tokyo




Ohaiyo. My name is Richard, and I have a reservation for two. "Ah yes. You're a little early, so you can not actually check in until after lunch, but feel free to have a shower and help yourself to our buffet breakfast." Soka? Arigatogozaimasu. Would it be possible to get the password for the wifi? "Of course. Here you go." Domo.


We were back in Tokyo and finally somewhere we could sit down comfortably, which was nifty as I need to plan my trip out to Tsukuba Circuit. What's in Tsukuba? Just a little AE86 meeting that I've been looking forward for a good few months. With Hyperdia as my guide, getting to the town of Tsukuba seemed easy enough, it was just the journey out to the circuit that looked difficult. By difficult, I mean there really wasn't any public transport going that way and I wasn't prepared to splurge out on a taxi. According to Google Maps, it was a good 20km walk, which, was an adventure I wasn't prepared to take up even the time needed. Regrets of not dragging my bike along with me on this trip begin to seep in. I'm going wash off this frustration and disappointment. Fuck.



After returning to the common room and feeling really at quite a lose as what to do with the day. No longer in the mood to explore solo, I tagged along with Mister Ho as he prowled through the streets of Ikebukuro.

No comments: